A person with more brainpower has the more chances of success in every competitive field. Your brain is similar to a muscle. Psychologists say that you can grow your mental faculties as much you want. Here are a few tips to improve brain use:
Also check out: 8 Superfoods for your Brain
1. Physical exercise. Physical exercise strengthens your brain. Exercise benefits your brain cells. The blood vessels inside your brain dilate and increase blood flow when you engage in regular exercise. Exercise helps to eliminate toxins and allows oxygen and other nutrients to flow into your brain strengthening your brain cells.
2. Mind exercises. Concentration and clear thinking are more or less automatic once you remove distractions. Learn to stop and watch your busy mind. As you notice things that are subtly bothering you, deal with them. This might mean making a phone call you need to make, or putting things on a list so you can forget them for now. With practice, this becomes easier, and your thinking becomes more powerful.
3. Healthy breakfast. Start your day with a healthy breakfast. Skipping breakfast affects your brainpower and performance at home, school or work. Minimize your eating during the day to mostly live raw fruits and veggies and their juices. This will help you detoxify and nourish your brain with essential nutrients and antioxidants to protect your brain from daily free radicals assaults.
4. Increase Water Intake. Given that your brain is about 80 percent water, the first rule of brain nutrition is adequate water to hydrate your brain. Even slight dehydration can raise stress hormones, which can damage your brain over time. Drink at least 84 ounces of water a day. It is best to have your liquids unpolluted with artificial sweeteners, sugar, caffeine, or alcohol. You can use herbal, non-caffeinated tea bags, such as raspberry or strawberry flavored, and make unsweetened iced tea. Green tea is also good for brain function as it contains chemicals that enhance mental relaxation and alertness.
5. Keep journals and notebooks. All the smart people write down their ideas, thoughts, and observations. Writing things down lets, your brain knows that you value “it’s” ideas. How does it reward you? By providing more ideas and better ideas. Writing things down creates a feedback loop that makes you smarter. You objectify your thoughts onto paper and that helps you think about them in a more powerful way. This is a great way to improve your brainpower.
6. Think positively. Thinking positively enables you to access your higher thinking abilities. When you are positive and feeling good, your mind functions smoothly. Ask yourself emotion-leading questions like, “What am I grateful for right now?” and “Who do I love and who loves me?”
7. Make sure you sleep enough. Your brain is rejuvenated during those sleeping hours. Research from the University of California suggests that if you have been awake for 21 hours straight, your abilities are equivalent to someone who is legally drunk. Sleep allows your brain to process new memories, practice new skills and solve problems. Therefore, a good night’s sleep is essential to boost your brainpower. How many hours sleep constitutes a good night’s sleep will vary between individuals, but between 6 ñ 8 hours, sleep is normally considered sufficient.
8. Creative Visualization. Use the power of Creative Visualization. Creative Visualization is a technique that involves the use of mental energy to transform and improve the life of the individual who uses the technique. You can use your brain’s mental energy to improve your life because your imagination is incredibly powerful and, when used correctly, can enhance your life by creating what you really want. Creative visualization can be used to accelerate learning, improve memory and motivation, and of course, improve brainpower!
9. Develop your creativity and your intuition. Creativity gives power to your thinking. Raw computation can be done by computers now, but humans provide the creative thought that shapes our world. Intuition can be an important part of brainpower. Einstein and others have relied heavily on their intuitive hunches.
10. Make a brainpower plan. It takes about twenty to thirty days of repetition to establish new habits, many psychologists will tell you. This means that when you create your plan for improved brainpower, be sure you plan to use that new problem-solving technique or eat those new brain foods for at least three weeks. You can use many of the brain boosters here and get immediate results, but it is creating new habits that will give you the most brainpower.
Yoga Helps You Lower Blood Pressure
Hypertension is a common disease nowadays, which, if it’s not treated correctly can cause many damages to the other organs of the body. People who suffer from high blood pressure need to lower blood pressure in order to neutralize the effects of hypertension on their body.
Changing the lifestyle and sometimes taking medicines is recommended for the people who need to lower blood pressure.
Also, check out: Eight Amazing Benefits of Teaching Yoga
It is very helpful in the treatment of hypertension the yoga lifestyle, which can really help you lower blood pressure. Yoga exercises, called asanas, involve stretching and moving the body into various positions. During these exercises, any tightness or tension observed in the body should be consciously relaxed. Yoga practice offers stress management techniques, which are essential to lower blood pressure. There are many yoga asanas, maybe hundreds or even thousands, but only certain asanas can help you lower blood pressure.
The most efficient for lowering blood pressure are the forward bends, which have a pacifying effect on the brain, the nervous system, the blood circulation to the brain, and they also help you reduce the stress. All these lower blood pressure. Furthermore, these asanas slow down the pulse rate, so they lower blood pressure.
They are also helpful to lower blood pressure the sitting asanas, such as Upavista Konasana, which remove the tension from the ribs and the intercostals muscles and also help you breathe easier. Many hypertensives have difficulties in breathing and these asanas help them in this matter and they also lower blood pressure.
Other helpful asanas are the supine poses, like Supta Baddhakonasana, which relax the abdominal region and have a calming effect on the nerves, facts that lower blood pressure.
There are also recommended for those who need to lower blood pressure, the inversions, such as Halasana and Setubandha Sarvangasana, which have a refreshing effect on the nerves and reduce the sympathetic tone very fast. The usual practice of these asanas regularizes blood pressure, so lower blood pressure when it’s abnormally high.
At these previous asanas, you can add the pranayama and the Svanasana, which relax the mind and senses, and stabilize the blood pressure, so lower blood pressure in case of hypertension.
3 Distractions Which Can Interrupt Your Workout
You need to keep in mind that you have to work out on a regular basis. Only when you are able to do that, you will be able to get good results. At the same point in time, you have to keep in mind that there are quite a few distractions which will divert you from your workout. You have to avoid these distractions at all cost. Only when you are able to avoid these distractions, it will become easier for you to work out on a regular basis.
Also, check out: How to Prepare Your Body For Your Favorite Workout?
1 Friends and gym buddies:
The 1st and foremost workout distraction which you will face is friends as well as gym buddies. The problem with them is that if they come along with you to the gym, you will become more accustomed to their company. Thus, on a day when they are not at the gym, you are more likely to miss the gym as well as the workout as well. The perfect solution for this is to discipline yourself in order to head over to the gym and complete your workout irrespective of your friends as well as gym buddies.
2 Weekend plans:
You need to keep in mind that you have to always opt for a proper workout schedule. Only when you are able to afford a proper workout schedule, it will become easier for you to avoid any kind of weekend plans which might interrupt your workout. You have to at the most use resting day in order to attend to your weekend plans. When you are able to do that, it will automatically become easier for you to avoid interrupting your workout.
3 Following your friend’s workout:
You need to always keep in mind that you have to stick to your own workout. In many of the cases, when you’re following your friend’s workout, you might be following a higher level workout or the lower level workout. It will not be that effective. That is why; you have to always stick to your own workout. There are many exercises which might not be in your workout. You should not be tempted by them. This is one of the main distractions which people face. If you follow someone else’s workout, the effectiveness will be reduced. Moreover, you will be distracted from your carefully crafted workout.
Thus, when you’re at the gym or when you’re thinking of completing your workout, it is important to always avoid these 3 distractions. When you are able to avoid these 3 distractions, it will become much easier for you to complete your workout on a regular basis without any problem at all.
How to Prepare Your Body For Your Favorite Workout?
Each and every individual just wants to opt for the more advanced workout. However, you need to keep in mind that you have to 1st and foremost prepare your body. Only when you are able to prepare your body, it will become easier for you to undertake advanced workouts. It is not just about the stamina but also to ensure that you are able to protect your body.
You have to also keep in mind that the preparation will ensure that your body is more flexible. It will also ensure that you are able to avoid injuries as well.
Also, check out: 3 Muscles That You Should Target in Your Workout
We will today share with you a few ways with the help of which, you will be able to prepare your body adequately for your favorite workout.
1 Try an alternative form of workout:
Instead of using the same exercises in order to prepare your body, you have to try out different exercises. If normally, you practice the boxing workout, you have to try out Yoga in order to prepare your body for your workout. This will ensure that your body becomes more flexible and you are able to perform your normal work out regularly.
2 Balancing exercises:
Irrespective of the type of workout which you practice, the balancing exercises will always benefit you. It will ensure that you are able to keep yourself flexible and also balance yourself. One of the best exercises, in order to increase your balance, is to go for the single leg balance. You will just need a band in order to conduct this exercise.
3 Lateral lunges:
With the help lateral lunges, you will be able to train your upper body as well as lower body. This will ensure that it becomes easier for you to stay flexible and also prepare your body for your favorite workout.
You need to keep in mind that when it comes to preparing your body, you have to slowly increase your repetitions of the preparation exercises. When you are able to increase the reputations, the body will become more and more accustomed to these workouts. As a result, you will be able to avoid any injuries as well.
Thus, instead of just starting with any high-intensity workout, it is a much better idea to use these exercises in order to prepare your body. When you are able to prepare your body, it will become easier for you to build your muscles and at the same point in time ensure that you are able to complete your workout on a regular basis.