What my typical weekly menu looks like…………
Option 1: In a hurry
- Oat Meal with brown sugar, topped with blueberries.
- Whole wheat toast
- A bottle of water
Option 2: A little more time
- Egg whites with light cheddar cheese and Avocado
- Whole Wheat toast
- Green Tea w/ honey
- A bowl of all berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries)
Option 1: On the go
– Tuna Sandwich with Avocado on Whole wheat bread
– Or a Grilled Chicken salad with Vinaigrette dressing.
Option 2: More of a sit-down lunch
– Seared Ahi-Tuna
- Grilled Veggies
– Some hummus and pita bread
I always keep snacks in my car or in my purse when I’m on the go working and don’t have time to grab a bite to eat. It’s always good to have a little something on hand so you avoid the hunger pains. The worst thing in the world is to let yourself be hungry. I get low on energy, cranky and tired. Not fun! So I have Almonds with no salt and dried fruits such as cranberries, blueberries, and apricots. Also a banana, or an apple or some crackers will keep me going till my next meal.
- Grilled Salmon is my absolute fav
- Some steamed Spinach or Broccoli
Option 2: Maybe a cheat day on a Sunday
- I love to eat a big bowl of pasta. I can’t eat healthy all the time so once a week I just say F- it and eat some Italian food. I love eggplant lasagna or spaghetti Bolognese.
A few of my healthy eating tips that I wont go a day without:
I love to eat lots of fish and think one of the healthiest things I do for my body on a daily basis is take Omega 3’s. I feel better and it’s great for your skin, hair and nails. I really notice a difference.
I also drink lots of green tea. It has taken the place of coffee in my life. Cant live without it and I have heard it burns calories and keeps you looking youthful.